Fraud and Theft Crimes
Our fraud defense lawyers at DMT excel in representing clients in a wide variety of fraud cases as well as theft crimes. In Florida, and especially in Miami-Dade County, all types of fraud and theft cases have become prevalent and the number of cases have been escalating year after year. As these offenses have skyrocketed in Miami and South Florida, law enforcement and prosecutors at the state and federal level have created specialized units or task forces to handle these type of fraud crimes. The Florida state legislature has enacted new laws and created stiffer penalties for those who commit fraud and in the State of Florida. The Miami fraud lawyers at DMT have vast experience in defending clients accused of a variety of fraud cases including:
- Credit Card Fraud
- Grand Theft
- Health Care Fraud
- Identity Theft
- Insurance Fraud/Staged Accidents
- Mail Fraud
- Medicare and Medicaid Fraud
- Mortgage/Real Estate Fraud
- Money Laundering
- Securities Fraud
- Tax Fraud
- Wire Fraud
- Workers’ Compensation Fraud
Defending a Fraud or Theft Case
Miami and South Florida fraud cases are highly complex. The criminal fraud defense lawyers at DMT excel in defending the aforementioned types of fraud cases. These cases require special attention, because hundreds, and sometimes even thousands of documents the state or the government intends to use to prosecute your case, must be thoroughly reviewed and analyzed to set your defense in motion. All individuals being investigated or prosecuted by law enforcement for fraud must understand that there are several defenses to these types of cases. The criminal defense team at DMT is able to perform a critical analysis of the evidence against our client and show that he or she did not have knowledge or the requisite intent to be involved or criminally liable in the alleged scheme to defraud. Although all of these crimes have a fraudulent component, that does not necessarily mean that everyone involved was aware of the fraud. The criminal defense firm of DMT has represented numerous clients involved in fraud cases, however, were they were later to be proven innocent participants.
If you are under investigation for, or have been arrested and charged with insurance, credit card, mortgage/real estate fraud or medicare/medicaid fraud, contact the Miami criminal lawyers at DMT. An experienced criminal defense attorney is available every day of the year, 24 hours a day to speak with you regarding your situation. Allow us the opportunity to help protect your rights and defend your case and you will not be disappointed. To speak with a skilled Miami or South Florida criminal fraud defense lawyer at DMT, or if you have any questions regarding your case, please call our office at (305) 444-0030 or contact us online.
- Dozens Arrested for Medicare Fraud in South Florida Federal authorities arrested nearly 100 individuals across the country for their involvement in Medicare fraud. Twenty-five arrests were made in South ....
- Local Millionaire Arrested by Feds for Fraud A colorful and popular socialite was arrested on Friday for fraud related charges. Claudio Osorio, along with his business partner, Craig Toll, were ....
- Eight Arrests Made for Mortgage Fraud Local residents were indicted and arrested for their involvement in a multi-million dollar mortgage fraud scheme that lasted almost 5 years. The focus ....